It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Friday, October 21, 2005

Bishop Fires Catholic Teacher for Volunteering at Planned Parenthood Abortion Center

SACRAMENTO, October 18, 2005 ( – A Catholic schoolteacher has been fired for volunteering at a Planned Parenthood abortuary.

Marie Bain, a drama teacher at the all-girls Loretto High School was dismissed by local Bishop William Wiegand after a parent brought him a picture showing Bain ushering young women into the abortuary, past pro-life protesters outside.... {Read Full Story Here}

PRAISE THE LORD! There is actually an American bishop out there with some guts! THANK GOD! We actually have a shepherd who is willing to shepherd his flock! These kinds of actions should be praised, because in today's "politically correct" environment, it takes courage to stand up and do the right thing. The bishop (and his diocese) will probably be sued now, but I praise God that somebody is finally willing to stand up to those Catholics who have no problem thumbing their noses at the Church while they go against the very foundation of everything Catholicism is about.