It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Friday, October 28, 2005

Date set for Da Vinci Code plagiarism trial

LONDON.– Two historians are suing the publishers of Dan Brown's best-selling religious thriller "The Da Vinci Code" in a case which lawyers said Thursday was due to start early next year.

Richard Leigh and Michael Baigent are suing Random House for lifting "the whole architecture" of the research that went into their 1982 non-fiction book "The Holy Blood, and the Holy Grail."

Lawyers on both sides of the case met Thursday to thrash out technical details, and said a trial date had been set for February 27...
{Read Full Story Here}

Why am I not surprised? The 'Da Vinci Code' is a masterpiece in deception from cover to cover. I guess it shouldn't be surprising that the author (Dan Brown) may have been deceptive about the source of his controversial theory too. Many books have been written that easily debunk the 'Di Vinci Code' novel, and it should be noted that the novel itself is just that -- a novel! It was never intended to be read as a history book, nor was it ever intended to be taken seriously that way. The author admits that the general premise of the novel is fiction, and this is consistent with much of his other work. Dan Brown is afterall a fictional novelist. It's both amazing and disappointing that so many people have taken the theoretical premise of the "Di Vinci Code" seriously.