It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Exorcism Resurgence At The Vatican

Leave exorcism to the experts, warns Church

A far cry from sorcerers, satanists and other practitioners whom he dismisses as "charlatans," Italian exorcist Andrea Gemma fights the devil only with the strength of his prayers and advises Catholics: 'Don't do this at home".

A rotund, expansive Neapolitan, the 74-year-old bishop was the first lecturer to face the Catholic Church's latest crop of budding exorcists at a unique course run by clergy at Rome's Pontifical Regina Apostolorum University. The course began Thursday and will run for several weeks.

{Read Full Story Here}

{Read Another Good Article Here}

It seems there's been a resurgence of interest in dealing with the Devil at the Vatican. I say GOOD! You can't fight an enemy until you take him seriously, and it's about time members of our clergy started doing that again. I can think of a few people in the United States who could use a good exorcism. Perhaps we could start with the two liberal Senators from Massachusetts (Ted Kennedy and John Kerry). After that, I think we should turn our attention toward the Chairmen of the Democratic Party himself....


All kidding aside; I really do think it's good that members of the clergy are finally starting to take the spiritual realm seriously again. Jesus did! And if it's good enough for Jesus, it ought to be good enough for the members of our clergy!