It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Monday, October 10, 2005

My Response To The Author of “Pope BeneDictator”

I have had it. As someone who was raised Roman Catholic and benefited from Catholic school education, I am finally at the point where I am ready to tell my Catholic friends to abandon the church. I am tired of tempering my anger at the Vatican because other GLBT Catholics get defensive of their faith. I am not attacking Catholics, or the church per se. But, my Catholic friends, it is time to leave the church. Every other religious sect is progressing, but the Vatican is regressing. It is do or die time...
Witten by Sean Kosofsky on PrideSource - a homosexual directory
{Read the full rant here}
Dear Sean,

Perhaps the Episcopal Church would be a good place for you and your friends. Think of it as "Catholic Lite." You know; sort of like Bud Lite and Miller Lite. Just as the latter are examples of beer without all the calories, so the Episcopal Church has become sort of like Catholicism without all the guilt. There you can be a practicing homosexual, and an outstanding member of the Church board all at the same time. Heck! You can even be a gay bishop if you want.

As for the Catholic Church, leave it to the "regressing lighting rods" like Pope Benedict XVI and the rest of us. It will be in good hands. Because in a couple hundred years, after denominations like the Episcopal Church have "progressed" beyond any distinguishable characteristic of Christianity, the Catholic Church will still be the same Church Jesus Christ founded 2,000 years ago.

Look at it this way; there is plenty of room in the Catholic Church for people struggling with homosexual temptations while trying to live a chaste life. But for those who would try to change the teachings of the Church, in order to fit their personal sinful behaviors, there is no room at all. History has a word for such persons -- "heretics!" So if ever you get tired of trying to make your own rules, we'll always be there to point you back to God's way. Until then, don't let the door hit you on the way out.