It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Monday, October 3, 2005

The Nominee -- Harriet Miers

In the mists of all this flap about President Bush's latest nominee, Harriet Miers, to the U.S. Supreme Court. Some conservatives broadcasters have aired their concerns (even dismay) about this choice.

I have only this to say in response. If you are a Pro-Life, Pro-Family Christian, than the only opinion that should matter to you is the opinion of Christian lawyers fighting to defend life and family in our US court system. One such lawyer, Jay Seculow, Chief Counsel for the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ), has actually worked with Harriet Miers. He personally knows her, and he's saying she's the right choice for Pro-Life, Pro-Family Christians in this nation. You just have to hear him for yourself, and pass this message on to as many other Pro-Life, Pro-Family Christians as you can...

{Listen to Jay's audio clip on Harriet Miers}


{Read more on this story}

{Read more about Harriet Miers here}