It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Catholic bishops denounce capital punishment

Draw distinction with abortion

WASHINGTON -- The US Conference of Catholic Bishops yesterday overwhelmingly approved a new statement of opposition to capital punishment, asserting that it contributes to a culture of death and violence in the United States...
{Read Full Story Here}

Well, in principle I oppose the death penalty too. However, we're now living under a judicial system so gutted by social liberalism, that heinous criminals are subject to parole far too often. If we could just lock these people up in a hole, and keep them there for life, I would venture to say that almost everyone would be against the death penalty. That's the trick though. The rot of social liberalism has now reduced the penalties for heinous criminals, so they can get out of prison and do it all over again.