It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Gay Priests Banned As Teachers Too!

As this story continues to develop, it would appear that while gay priests (already ordained) are grandfathered in under the new Vatican rules, they will not be permitted to hold any kind of a teaching role in the seminaries. This means the ban on homosexuals in the seminaries is complete and absolute. Not only will actively gay seminarian candidates be turned down for admission, but so will previously ordained gay priests who want to apply as teachers. The implication is clear. Catholic seminaries are to be a No Gay Zone!

Vatican letter says norms on priesthood must be 'faithfully observed'

VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- A cover letter accompanying the Vatican's instruction on homosexuality and the priesthood said the new norms must be "faithfully observed" and taken into account in the drafting or updating of each country's seminary guidelines.

The letter also made clear that, while the text does not apply to those already ordained, priests with homosexual tendencies should not have educational roles in seminaries....
{read full story here}