It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Monday, November 21, 2005

Gingrich sees Iran threat to U.S. like Nazi Germany

Ex-speaker latest official to raise alarm on threat of nuclear EMP attack by Tehran

WASHINGTON – The threat posed to the national security of the United States by Iran was likened only to the one posed by Nazi Germany in the 1930s, by former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who suggested Tehran could be planning for a pre-emptive nuclear electromagnetic pulse attack on America that would turn a third or more of the country "back to a 19th century level of development."

Gingrich made the stunning statements, which echo warning of other congressional leaders and national security experts, in testimony before a subcommittee of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee last week...
{read full story here}

Amazing! Sometime recently {here} I predicted that Iran's new president would be the next Hitler. Now the former Speaker of the House backs me up on that. What is even more amazing is that the USA, along with the rest of the western world is effectively following the exact same path on dealing with Iran as it did with Nazi Germany -- a lot of talk with no action. I suppose appeasement comes next. Then only one thing can follow -- World War III.