It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Saturday, November 26, 2005


Prepare for Advent, Christmas with 'spiritual fervor,' pope says
VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- Wearing a heavy red cape to protect him from the cold, Pope Benedict XVI encouraged Christians to prepare for Advent, which begins Nov. 27, and for Christmas with "spiritual fervor."

"I ask you all to prepare for Advent with spiritual fervor, drawing from the word of God and the Eucharist interior energy for welcoming the Lord who comes," he said at the end of his Nov. 23 general audience....
{read full story here}

The season leading up to Christmas is marked by the lighting of candles in the Advent wreath. In Christian tradition candles symbolize Christ, the light of the world.