It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Friday, November 11, 2005

Wal-Mart Apologizes to Catholics and all Christians


Catholic League says retail giant has satisfied Christmas demands

After a series of reports by WorldNetDaily, Wal-Mart officials have satisfied demands by the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, which had called for a national boycott after accusing the retail giant of discriminating against Christmas while promoting other seasonal holidays by name, such as Kwanzaa and Hanukkah.

Catholic League president Bill Donohue said Wal-Mart has apologized, withdrawn "its insane statement" on the origins of Christmas and revised its website.

"This is a sweet victory for the Catholic League, Christians in general, and people of all faiths," Donohue said. "And it means that Wal-Mart can now enter the Christmas season without this cloud hanging over it."
{Read Full Story Here}

It just goes to show what can happen when Christians are willing to stand up and rock the boat a little. In all fairness to Wal-Mart, the executives in charge probably never intended to offend Christians or Christianity. Such a move would be bad for business. They were probably just indifferent toward the secularization policy that effectively turned their Internet Christmas display into a second-rate holiday. This of course was compounded by the bizarre and inflammatory opinions of the former associate named "Kirby." I applaud Wal-Mart for taking swift action in dealing with this problem. They've made a good business decision and I'll have no problem shopping there next week. Who knows! I might even pick up some "Christmas" decorations!