It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Friday, December 9, 2005

Massachusetts Forces Catholic Hospitals to Provide Abortion Pills

Romney says no hospitals are exempt from pill law
He reverses stand on Plan B

Governor Mitt Romney reversed course on the state's new emergency contraception law yesterday, saying that all hospitals in the state will be obligated to provide the morning-after pill to rape victims.

The decision overturns a ruling made public this week by the state Department of Public Health that privately run hospitals could opt out of the requirement if they objected on moral or religious grounds.

Romney had initially supported that interpretation, but he said yesterday that he had changed direction after his legal counsel, Mark D. Nielsen, concluded Wednesday that the new law supersedes a preexisting statute that says private hospitals cannot be forced to provide abortions or contraception.

''And on that basis, I have instructed the Department of Public Health to follow the conclusion of my own legal counsel and to adopt that sounder view," Romney said at the State House after signing a bill on capital gains taxes...

read full story here

I was right. Nothing good comes out of Massachusetts anymore. The whole state government has become a sewer of "political correct" brainwashing. The City of Boston is the new Sodom and Gomorrah, where not even the Church is safe from its perversion. It's no wonder why the Archdiocese of Boston became the epicenter of the American-Catholic sex-abuse scandal in 2002. Massachusetts has become the first state in the Union to allow same-sex civil "marriage" and propose lower penalties for bestiality. Now the state government literally FORCES Catholic hospitals to commit the most egregious sin of our time -- the murder of innocent human life. Why am I not surprised?

Neither man nor beast is safe in Massachusetts. It brings to mind the image of young boys and sheep fleeing the state in a massive stampede. "Run for your lives!" "Bah Bah!" It would seem that in Massachusetts, the inmates are truly running the asylum. What's next? Will the state require that all hospitals (including Catholic ones) provide surgical abortion too? I wouldn't put it past them. I suppose after that, they'll force Catholic hospitals to provide sex-change operations as well.