It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Friday, January 6, 2006

Democrats Plan to SMEAR Alito

Matt Drudge is reporting that the Democrats are planning an all-out smear campaign against Catholic nominee to the U.S. Supreme Court -- Judge Samuel Alito.

Senate Democrats have put into place a plan that includes one last push to take down the nomination of Judge Samuel A. Alito as he heads into his confirmation hearing next week, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

Senate Democrats intend to zero in on Alito’s alleged enthusiastic membership to an organization, they will charge, that was sexist and racist!

read full story here

What did I tell you!?! They'll stop at nothing, but they WILL NEVER admit the truth. The Democrats don't want Alito on the Supreme Court because he's a Catholic and he may rule against abortion. So they'll resort to petty smear campaigns using a "guilt by association" tactic. We saw what they did to Justice Clarence Thomas during his nomination hearing. I have a feeling that whole fiasco will be nothing but a footnote compared to what the Democrats have in store for Alito. If the Republicans are smart (which I highly doubt these days), they'll call for a vote immediately after the hearings are over, so the Democratic (stealthy anti-catholic) smear campaign against Alito doesn't have time to gain traction in the media. Let's see if these Republicans in the Senate have learned anything over the last six years. Somehow, I don't think so. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed.