It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Sunday, January 8, 2006

More "Book of Daniel"

Imagine a television program that contains sexual situations, drug content, ethnic stereotypes, a permissive view of homosexuality and scattered crude language and humor. All this wrapped in a the premise of a scandalous religious facade. In the United States we have repealed our sense of justice to a degree that victimizes the vast majority. As the networks continue to air shows that degrade the viewing public for the supposed witty writing of a vast minority, they act against the ideals of justice. Now, does NBC have the right to air such programs as "The Book of Daniel." Yes, they have the right to put up whatever trash they chose to air, but as I have pointed out in this blog before, NBC has shown that it is not capable of airing programming that people will watch. As they appeal to the lowest denominators, they are only hurting themselves. So I say that NBC should show 24-hours a day "Book of Daniel" type programming, lose all viewers and therefore all advertising dollars. Not that anyone would know.

By the way, the show that I asked you to imagine at the start of this blog is exactly how the USSCB (United State Conference of Catholic Bishop) described the offensive content of this show.

So if you feel, as a private citizen, that this show is too much for you, then I urge you to write to your local NBC affiliate and let them know. This is your right and it can easily be exercised.