It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Monday, February 13, 2006

The Shot Heard Around The World

Okay, I didn’t want to waste blog space on this, but since it’s turned out to be the #1 story all across America and the free world, what the hey.

Vice President Cheney accidentally shot a fellow hunter the other day. The hunter is in good condition and recovering well. My response is simply this...

WHO THE @#%! CARES!

I don’t! It was a stinking hunting accident. They happen all the time. One of my good friends just got back from serving in Afghanistan and Iraq without any injuries. I mean he literally came back without a scratch. First weekend back he goes turkey hunting with his brother, and BLAM! He gets shot in the butt! It happens people. Hunting is a dangerous sport. When you go out hunting, you assume these risks. DUH! Thankfully, I’m glad nobody was seriously hurt.

Frankly, I can think of only one reason why the news media would be making such a big deal out of this. BIAS! Yes, it’s bias folks. They’re left-wing partisanship has gotten the best of them again. A minor hunting accident with the Vice President shouldn’t be headline news for two days straight. Unless the Vice President in question happens to be a conservative Republican. Then it’s a different story. All of a sudden the media goes berserk, and conspiracy theories abound. I think the mindset of the left-wing news media was perfectly summed up in a single question by a female reporter at the Whitehouse press conference today. “Is the Vice President going to resign?” She asked. Ooops! I guess that was a Freudian slip. You see a “good” left-wing reporter wouldn’t have stated her hopes and dreams in the form of a question. I “good” left-wing reporter would have simply implied a cover-up in the form of a question, so as to eventually produce her hopes and dreams in the form of a drummed-up scandal.

This whole thing has got to be the biggest “no-story” this year. It’s making the press out to look like the big sissies they are. They act as if this were the first hunting accident to ever happen, making it out to be a much bigger deal than it really is. They don’t know anything about what they’re reporting. It just goes to show that most of these media hounds have probably never shot anything without a 35 mm lens.