It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Friday, April 7, 2006

Senate Immigration Bill Dies -- THANK GOD!

Cardinal Mahony Designates Wednesday, April 5, As Special Day Of Prayer & Fasting For Just And Humane Immigration Reform

Cardinal asks Catholics to pray for legislators who are debating immigration legislation this week, and asks Catholics to fast in solidarity with undocumented immigrants.

read full story here

I guess I can just chalk up one more reason why I don't like Cardinal Mahony.

If I recall correctly, this guy has been in trouble with the Vatican on more than one occasion.

Illegal aliens have broken our laws. I can't blame them for wanting to come here, and I sympathize with their plight. However, by breaking our laws, they show no respect for our country. They insult us this way, undermine our economy, reward employers who exploit, and they put our nation at greater risk for terrorist attack.

My entire family immigrated to this great nation over the last 150 years, and my own grandmother immigrated from Cuba in the late 1920s. All of them were DOCUMENTED and PROCESSED according to the laws of this land. All of them earned their citizenship according to the laws of this land. I'm sorry, but no matter how poor you are, there is NO EXCUSE for doing what these illegal aliens from Mexico are doing. IT MUST STOP!

I am in favor of a "guest worker" program, in which the flood-gates can be opened to allow even more Mexicans into the the USA. However, they must all be DOCUMENTED and PROCESSED, according to the laws of this land. While those who have already broken our laws must be deported immediately and go to the back of the line to apply for "guest worker" permits. If not, than Washington DC owes my grandparents an apology for putting them through the immigration process decades ago, when these undocumented Mexicans can just get amnesty for breaking the law.

I believe Cardinal Mahony's prayer was answered today. God always answers prayer, but I don't think it was what Cardinal Mahony expected. He wanted "just and humane" immigration reform, and that's exactly what God gave him -- the current law. I'm glad the new Senate legislation on immigration reform failed today. It was nonsense. We already have good immigration law in this country. All we have to do is allocate the necessary funding needed to ENFORCE IT!!!!!