It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Friday, June 2, 2006

Democratic Party Supports Gay-Marriage

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: On the eve of next Tuesday's Senate vote on the Marriage Protection Amendment, Democratic Party Chairman Howard Dean has lobbed a rhetorical grenade at Catholic voters around the country by calling the Marriage Protection Amendment "discrimination", as well as "hateful, (and) divisive." It's hard to believe that the Chairman of the National Democratic Party would speak so disdainfully of an initiative that is so strongly supported by a majority of Catholic voters and Catholic organizations such as the US Conference of Catholic Bishops and the Knights of Columbus. I guess the Chairman of the National Democratic Party thinks the Catholic Bishops and Knights of Columbus are "hateful and divisive."

But such is the status quo of today's far-left Democratic Party. This latest Dean flare-up is another clear reminder why so many Catholics (such as myself) have left the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party of our grandfathers' time has sold out to the far-left of our society while now supporting partial-birth abortion, higher taxes and a redefinition of the millennia-old definition of marriage. Worse yet, they have sought to impose this extreme liberal vision for America through the courts, while circumventing the legislative process. For nearly a decade I've been saying this, and it rings true now more than ever. The last great Democratic President we had was John F. Kennedy, and when he was shot, the Democratic Party died with him. Make no mistake about it. I hold no loyalty to the Republican Party either, but in these dark days I would just assume walk through a nest of pit vipers, before I would support the latest filth coming out of the national Democratic Party.