It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Friday, June 30, 2006

Pope Benedict Is About To Change Everything!

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: Well folks, it looks like the recent translation revision and return of gregorian chant were just the tip of the iceberg. I have a feeling I might know what he's up to. If I'm right, the much needed reformation of Vatican II is underway, and by the time it's done, the Church of the 21st century is going to look a lot more like the Church of previous centuries. I knew there was a reason why I love this pope. Go Benedict GO!!!!

Vatican analyst says Pope Benedict on verge of implementing real liturgical reform

Vatican City, Jun. 30, 2006 (CNA) - Vatican analyst, Sandro Magister, of the online magazine “L’Espresso” says in an article to be published soon that Pope Benedict XVI will implement real liturgical reform in his upcoming Apostolic Exhortation on the Eucharist.

Magister bases his analysis on an interview with Archbishop Malcolm Ranjith, Secretary of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, published in the French Catholic daily, “La Croix.”

He says that while the 15 cardinals and archbishops that make up the Synod council have already presented their recommendations, “It’s the Pope who will have the last word.” Magister predicts there will be surprises “from Benedict XVI himself, who has very clear ideas on topics such as the Eucharist and liturgy. And he is very critical of some aspects of the post-conciliar liturgical reform.”

read full story here



ROMA, July 3, 2006 – More than eight months after its conclusion, the synod of bishops held in the Vatican last October on “the Eucharist, source and summit of the Church’s life and mission” is still awaiting the document that will finalize its results.

The concluding document for a synod usually takes the form of an apostolic exhortation, and is written by the pope. But it is the synod itself – through the elaborative work of a council of 15 bishops and cardinals – that writes the outline and presents this to the supreme pontiff.

The council of 15 met in Rome for the last time at the beginning of June. And Benedict XVI, in greeting its members, urged them to move the work along more quickly.

This is what he said:

“I must say that during the ‘ad limina’ visits, a number of bishops ask me: ‘But when will the post-synodal document finally arrive?'. And I reply: ‘They’re working on it. And it certainly can’t take them much longer’. I see gathered here so many competent men that I cannot help but hope to see this document soon, and learn from it myself, so that it can be published for the benefit of the whole Church, which truly is waiting for it.”

Spurred on thus by the pope, the 15 accelerated the work, and in their final communiqué, released on June 10, they guaranteed that the text was almost ready, and “it can soon be delivered to the Holy Father.”...

read full story here