It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Democratic Party = 'Gay-Marriage' Party

The Democratic National Committee (DNC) is weighing in on state marriage-protection amendment fights around the country. The nation's oldest political party has reportedly developed a five-point plan to fight ballot initiatives. The plan's existence was leaked by The Washington Blade, a pro-homosexual newspaper, that quoted a DNC spokesman last Friday saying there is a "five-point-plan."

Specifically, the Blade reported that Democrats would:

  • - Label marriage amendments as "divisive ploys by Republicans" undertaken "to deflect voter attention from other important issues."
  • - Train party operatives in all 50 states on how to campaign against marriage-protection ballot measures.
  • - Develop strategy and talking points.
  • - Work with campaign organizations fighting ballot measures.
  • - Empower and organize homosexual communities nationwide, through the auspices of DNC's gay-outreach efforts.

In addition, the publication reported the DNC also contributed money - to the tune of $10,000 - to opponents of a proposed initiative in Illinois. DNC spokesman Damien LaVera told CitizenLink the Democratic Party would not comment directly on whether it contributed that money. "I'm not going to confirm or deny or discuss our strategy on that," LaVera said...

read full story here