It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Monday, July 24, 2006

Liberal Marxists Attack Catholic Schools in Asia

In Kerala Marxist students attack Catholic colleges

Incidents are a “vengeful” reaction to a court order in favour of private professional colleges. The local Church is concerned about the undemocratic “attempt to replace the rule of law with that of the jungle”.

Changanassery (AsiaNews/ICNS) – Catholic leaders and organisations have condemned the acts of vandalism visited upon Christian educational institutions by students affiliated with the Marxist Party of India (CPM).

Members of the Students’ Federation of India, a student group linked to the CPI which is in power in the state of Kerala, smashed computers, vehicles, doors and windows of some Church-run educational institutions. Four people were arrested in relation to the incidents but were released on bail...

read full story here