It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Stem-Cell Battle In the Senate

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: The following is a copy of an e-mail I sent to my state's U.S. senators. Some of my readers may want to do likewise...

Dear Senator __________,

As a registered voter in your state, I am asking you for the following votes...

S. 3504 -- YES

S. 2754 -- YES

H.R. 810 -- NO

I will be watching for your vote very carefully. Thank you and God bless.

Sincerely,

(my name and address)


Both S. 3504 and S. 2754 are stem cell research bills that protect the lives of the unborn and forbid federal support of embryonic human cloning. H.R. 810 actually promotes embryonic human cloning. After passing that one, Republicans in the House will have to answer for it at the polls this Novemeber. But we have a chance to stop it in the Senate now. So I encourage everyone to fire off an e-mail to your state's Senators right away.