It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Catholic Priest Blasts ADL's Spiteful Attack on Mel Gibson






Father Tom Euteneuer, president of 'Human Life International,' responded to Abraham Foxman's (ADLs national director), statement on the Gibson arrest. Father Euteneuer's response is as follows:

Mr. Foxman claims that Mel Gibson did not give a 'proper apology.' Can this man ever be satisfied? Gibson said that he disgraced himself and his family by his behavior and apologized for his anti-Semitic remarks which, by his admission, he spoke in an altered state and does not believe to be true. And that's not enough? According to Catholic principles Mel exhibited all the elements of a proper reconciliation: contrition with a firm purpose of amendment, confession and (he is in the process of doing) penance. The greatest penance is that this all came out in the public forum: Foxman and the ADL should get off his back.

source