It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Tuesday, August 8, 2006

The Demise of the Democratic Party

Sen. Joe Lieberman has conceded the U.S. Senate primary to challenger Ned Lamont but vowed to petition his way onto the November ballot as an independent.

source

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: The inmates are now running the asylum at the DNC. When a strong and loyal Democrat like Senator Joe Lieberman (former Vice Presidential candidate) looses the primary to a radical left-winger with the party's blessing, it marks the end of an era. The Democratic Party has been dead for a long time. Now it's buried. No more the big umbrella of moderates and liberals alike. The DNC now panders to the radical left-wing fringe exclusively, thus sealing their doom in the November congressional elections.