It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Thursday, August 3, 2006

Pope Benedict XVI’s Keys to Christian Unity

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: And here we have yet more evidence that solid orthodoxy begets true ecumenism...

‘That They May Be One’

The Russians are suddenly accepting Vatican delegations that were cold-shouldered in the past. Greek patriarchs approvingly cite Pope Benedict XVI. And evangelical Christian leaders applaud his writings, from Introduction to Christianity to Dominus Iesus.

What’s going on here?

Pope John Paul II was urgent about Christian unity and effective in his efforts to seek it. Benedict is reaping what John Paul sowed — but he’s also expanding his work and honing its focus.

This week, as a series of Register articles begins to look at the ecumenical drive of Pope Benedict’s pontificate, we discuss the foundation upon which he is building bridges to other Christians....

read full story here