It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Monday, August 14, 2006

The REAL Vatican II

If you...

  • prefer a more extensive use of Latin in the sacred liturgy,
  • are upset by liturgical experiments or practices such as lay distribution of Holy Communion or Communion in the hand,
  • hold that God wants every human being to be a Catholic,
  • can’t understand why religious wear lay attire,
  • treasure the charism of priestly celibacy,
  • think our seminaries have been derailed,
  • find it difficult to comprehend the lack of support for Catholic schools,
  • accept the teaching authority of the pope and bishops in union with him,
  • accept the Gospel portraits of Jesus as real and historical,
  • prefer to see laity representing Christ in the world rather than in the sanctuary,
  • believe it is your responsibility to evangelize the world for Christ,
...then rejoice, and stake your claim as a true disciple of the Second Vatican Council. And make sure to tell others who hold opposing positions to find another Church council to appeal to for their private projects and agendas...

read full story here