It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Friday, September 22, 2006

Democrats Propose 'Pro-Life' Legislation

WASHINGTON (CNS) -- Just six days after a group of Democrats from the House of Representatives announced legislation aimed at reducing the number of abortions in the United States, a second bill with the same goal was presented by another House Democrat.

The proposed legislation, Pregnant Women Support Act, was unveiled during a Sept. 20 press conference on Capitol Hill by Rep. Lincoln Davis, D-Tenn.

The bill has the support of the U.S. Catholic bishops, unlike the similar legislative proposal, Reducing the Need for Abortion and Supporting Parents Act, announced Sept. 14 by Rep. Tim Ryan, D-Ohio. The newest legislative proposal does not include expanded contraception access, a component of Ryan's proposal which drew objections from the U.S. bishops' pro-life spokeswoman...

read full story here