It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Has Anything Good Come Out Of Islam?

CASTEL GANDOLFO, Italy (AP) - Pope Benedict XVI said Sunday that he was "deeply sorry" about the angry reaction to his recent remarks about Islam, which he said came from a text that didn't reflect his personal opinion.

"These (words) were in fact a quotation from a Medieval text which do not in any way express my personal thought," Benedict told pilgrims at his summer palace outside Rome.

read full story here

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: Well, those words from Byzantine Emperor Manuel II Paleologus may not express the pope's feelings about Islam, but after witnessing what I've just seen over this last week, they are beginning to express mine. So the message we got from the Muslim world this week was this. "You call us violent? Fine, we'll kill your nuns, threaten your pope with death, and vandalize your churches. That will teach you! How dare you call our peaceful religion 'violent!'"

The reactions of the Muslim world this week have demonstrated beyond the shadow of a doubt that Byzantine Emperor Manuel II Paleologus was on to something when he wrote: "Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."

The 'moderate' Muslims we hear so much about; where are they? I'll tell you where they are. They've gone to the attic of irrelevancy! The radicals have taken over the institutions of their religion completely, and they are powerless to do anything about it. So long as the inmates are running the asylum, the religion of Islam is destined to spiral out of control into a downward cycle of violence and more violence.

I challenge anybody reading this to do just one thing to prove Emperor Paleologus wrong. Besides the excessive use of violence in the name of religion; can you name one thing, just one thing, Islam has given the world that hadn't already been invented by another religion prior to Mohammed? I really would like to know.