It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Posting Comments Here

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: After some consideration, I've decided to enact a rule change for this blog. From now on, only registered users of BLOGGER will be able to post comments here. Registration is free and simple. Just go to and sign up. The amount of user information required for registration is minimal, and should be no problem.

The reason for this decision is simple. I've looked back over the last year of comments to THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT blog, and I've found that some of the dumbest and most inane comments are posted by users under the "Anonymous" identity feature. I speculate this feature gives some users enough of an illusion of privacy to feel they can write whatever they want, no matter how asinine. An example of this in the most recent blog entry was the last straw. So from now on, users must register with BLOGGER before posting here. I hope this will cut down on some of the stupidity.