It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Behold! A Dragon in the Heartland

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: I was called into service over a year ago. Today I report for duty. The Dragon has wrapped his serpentine tail around our beloved homeland of Missouri. Our state is in the midst of a crisis, a direct battle between good and evil. Amendment 2 (the human cloning stem-cell initiative) will be voted on this November 7th, and the Dragon has spewed his venomous lies to trick Missourians into voting for it.

For the last couple weeks I have been preparing for battle. I’ve passed out yard signs, bumper stickers, and information. “VOTE NO on Amendment 2.” Today I report for duty, and I will march into the very center of immortal combat. At 3 o’clock I will be going to confession. At 4 o’clock I will carry the statue of Our Lady of Fatima into mass. Sometime after mass I will pray the Rosary for the defeat of Amendment 2, and from midnight to the early hours of the morning I will be at Eucharistic adoration for the same reason.

Pray for me today, that I may get on my knees and fight like a man. Pray for me today, that I will fight nobly and not sin. Pray for me today, that I may truly engage the Enemy in immortal combat, with a pure heart, and for the glory of Christ our King.

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio. contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium. Imperet illi Deus, supplices deprecamur: tuque, Princeps militiae coelestis, Satanam aliosque spiritus malignos, qui ad perditionem animarum pervagantur in mundo, divina virtute, in infernum detrude. Amen.

Christus Rex Exsurge!


UPDATE 10/29/2006:
The battle has been raging for weeks, and last night our parish entered into the thick of it. The turnout for Eucharistic adoration was amazing. The main chapel was nearly full. Into the latest hours of the night, and early morning, there was never less than a small handful of people there. The statue of our Lady of Fatima was processed into the main chapel at the beginning of the adoration. Because we did not have the appropriate carriage, we had to bring the statue in by hand, and assemble it on a base at the front of the main chapel. Because of this, I was privileged to participate in the crowning of the image of our Lady. The Fatima statue will remain in our parish until tonight, and Eucharistic adoration will continue between masses nonstop until then. Certainly, the forces of hell received a heavy blow this weekend, as they did at other parishes on the previous weekends. The final assault on Satan's gates will be in St. Louis next week. After that, we can only pray and await the outcome of this war on November 7th.