It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Drudge Reporting On Latin Mass

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: Here's the news you've all been waiting for. We've heard the rumors for a year, but now Drudge has picked up the story and linked to the Times Online...

THE Pope is taking steps to revive the ancient tradition of the Latin Tridentine Mass in Catholic churches worldwide, according to sources in Rome.

Pope Benedict XVI is understood to have signed a universal indult — or permission — for priests to celebrate again the Mass used throughout the Church for nearly 1,500 years. The indult could be published in the next few weeks, sources told The Times....

read full story here

UPDATE 11:00am: All the Catholic news wires are now buzzing with this story. I think this one might be for real folks!

UPDATE 11:30pm: The entire Internet is now full of articles on this topic. It's impossible to count. Sources are religious and secular alike. This story is now shaping up to be the most widely covered topic on the Internet. If the pope doesn't sign the document now, it's likely to become the world's largest disappointment. I believe the popularity of this story has a lot to do with a general recognition that the Catholic Church has lost something very important over the last 30 years, and this papal action promises to become a driving force in the restoration of Roman Catholicism.