It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Liberal Catholics Freaking Out!

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: A small group of liberal Catholics in Europe are literally freaking out over the pope's rumored plan to reinstate the old Tridentine mass. It just goes to show that there are still modern neo-Catholics out there who are hostile to Catholicism. The Tridentine mass was the standard mass of the Church for over 500 years. It amazes me to no end, when I hear or read of clergy who are so brainwashed by such modernistic notions about Vatican II that they think anything predating that council should be locked away in a museum. The article itself was clearly written by a liberal reporter, who doesn't understand much about Catholicism, but as of this time, it's the only thing that I can find on the topic....

PARIS (Reuters) - Pope Benedict's expected revival of the old Latin mass has provoked protests from Roman Catholic clergy in France, a major center of the traditionalist schism the Pontiff hopes to overcome with the gesture.

Five bishops and 30 priests -- a considerable number in a church normally wary of open dissent -- have expressed grave concern about making this concession to ultra-conservatives who reject the reforms of the Second Vatican Council (1962-1965).

Unswerving loyalty to the old Latin, or Tridentine mass, often goes hand in hand with a rejection of the Vatican II reforms, which opened the church to respect for and cooperating with other faiths and switched to a modern mass conducted in local languages.

The protests printed in the Catholic press highlighted serious issues the Vatican faces if, as church sources have reported, it announces soon that priests are free to say the vintage mass as an alternative to the modern liturgy...

read full story here