It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Monday, October 23, 2006

USA Prepares for War with Iran

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: It's the story nobody in the mainstream media wants to talk about right now. Why? Because Democrats are doing well in the polls, and the one thing that would surely change that would be the winds of war. By that I mean the STRONG winds of a very BIG WAR! American voters, at least subconsciously, know that Democrats are weak on national defense issues, and a war with Iran would certainly tip the electorate toward voting Republican. So the strategy of the left-wing media (CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS) is to not report on it for as long as possible. But you can't keep a story this big suppressed for long.

AM talk radio show host, Michael Savage, has reported tonight that 3 U.S. aircraft carriers have just steamed into the Persian Gulf and are pulling into striking distance of Iran. Now this from DEBKA...

Tuesday, Oct. 17, the Iwo Jima Expeditionary Strike Group steamed into the Persian Gulf to join the US naval, air and marine concentration piling up opposite Iran’s shores. The group is now cruising 60 km from Kuwait off Iran’s coast. As DEBKAfile and DEBKA-Net-Weekly reported exclusively two weeks ago, three US naval task forces will be in place opposite Iran in the Persian Gulf and Arabian Sea by October 21.

read full story here