It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Wednesday, November 1, 2006

The John Kerry Flap

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: During the 2004 campaign, I proudly displayed two bumper stickers on the back of my car. They each read: "Catholics Against Kerry." Today, after hearing Senator Kerry's despicable Freudian slip about our men and women in uniform, I feel vindicated once again. In many ways John Kerry epitomizes everything that's wrong with the Democratic Party today, as well as everything that's wrong with the leadership in the U.S. Catholic Church. This self-loathing Catholic is already bared from the communion rail in most U.S. diocese, and yet somehow he manages to avoid formal excommunication. When will the U.S. Catholic bishops wake up an purge the Church of John Kerry and Catholic politicians of his ilk? Will that day ever come!?! With leadership so lax, or maybe I should say negligent, it's no wonder the U.S. Catholic Church suffers the problems it does. God help us -- please!

As for my fellow Americans in uniform, serving to keep me and my family safe back home, I only want to say one thing. THANK YOU. And by the way, it is a fact that some of the brightest people I know, currently serve (or have served) in the U.S. Armed Forces. One of them is my father, who was a naval communications officer during the Vietnam era. Even after two strokes, my father can still think circles around the likes of John Kerry. When I say that, I mean it quite literally. During the 2004 Presidential debates, I watched my mentally disabled father deconstruct and shred John Kerry's talking points with nothing but pure logic. It was quite a site. Wish you all could have been there.