It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Friday, December 15, 2006

Coming Soon To A Parish Near You

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to seeing more signs like this in the near future....


Reputable Catholic news agencies are now reporting that the Pope's 'motu propio' on the Tridentine mass will be released sometime after Christmas, while the Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation on the Eucharist could come in mid-January 2007. Sources are saying the Apostolic Exhortation, which is separate from the pope's 'motu propio,' would contain a commitment to the celibate priesthood, an encouragement for the use of more Latin in the vernacular Novus Ordo mass, and a request that seminarians learn the Latin language. It is said to also promote the recovery of Gregorian chant and sacred polyphonic music, while calling for modern contemporary music to be phased out of litugical celebrations.

SOURCES
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=8286
http://www.cwnews.com/news/viewstory.cfm?recnum=48226