It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Anglican Communion To Excommunicate US Episcopal Church on September 30, 2007

London, Feb 20, 2007 / 08:44 pm (CNA).- Leaders of the worldwide Anglican Communion, meeting this week in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, have issued an ultimatum to the Episcopal Church of the United States, demanding an end to the appointment of gay clergy and the blessing of same-sex couples...

... The Anglican Communion statement warns that if the above assurances can not be given by September 30th, the Episcopal Church could be removed from the worldwide Communion...

read full story here

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: Hey, I kind of like this whole deadline idea. Repent by September 30 - or else! Any chance the pope could do something similar with liberal American bishops in the US Catholic Church?

As for the US Episcopal Church, I've got a couple predictions. I hope I'm wrong, but I think I have a pretty good understanding of Liberalism, and because of that, I'm rarely wrong about them. Here's my secret. The way you can understand Liberalism, and accurately predict what Liberals will do, is by simply realizing that Liberalism is a mental disorder. Once you understand that it's a psychological illness, everything else starts to make sense. The underlying premise driving this psychosis is a philosophy from the 1960s drug culture called "nihilism." According to Wikipedia...

Nihilism (From the Latin nihil, nothing) is a philosophical position which argues that the world, especially past and current human existence, is without objective meaning, purpose, comprehensible truth, or essential value. Nihilists generally assert some or all of the following: there is no reasonable proof of the existence of a higher ruler or creator, a "true morality" is unknown, and secular ethics are impossible; therefore, life has no truth, and no action is known to be preferable to any other.

Therefore, the actions of Liberals, (who generally subscribe to nihilism whether they realize it or not), is always one of self-gratification of one's feelings regardless of the consequences, or potential harm it brings upon one's self. For example; the new religious Environmentalism embraces the nihilist idea that the ends justify the means. In other words, it doesn't matter if the economy is thrown into a tailspin, and people's lives are disrupted for the worse. It doesn't even matter if there is any scientific truth behind the theories environmentalists push. Just so long as whatever we do about it makes environmentalists "feel good" about saving the planet.

Now let's take that over to a religious angle. Religious Liberals, such as those running the US Episcopal Church, subscribe to the nihilist idea that there really is no moral reason for human sexuality other than momentary pleasure. So if homosexuality is how somebody gets their kicks, so be it, just so long as it's done in a monogamous way of course. (I'm sure the monogamy thing will be thrown out eventually too, we just haven't gotten that far yet.)

This is the idea the leaders of the US Episcopal Church have embraced, and guess what!?! They're NOT going to change it. The Catholic Knight predicts, (and I hope I'm wrong), that September 30 will come and go, and no significant change of repentance will be made in the US Episcopal Church. There is even a chance the US Episcopal bishops might even try to call the Anglican Communion's bluff through some act of defiance. If I'm wrong about this - Praise the Lord! But I'm usually not wrong about this sort of thing. If I'm right (and I probably am), US Episcopalians across the country will now be faced with a tough choice...
  1. Either they can stay within the US Episcopal Church and be excommunicated from the Anglican Communion,
  2. Or they can leave the US Episcopal Church to find refuge in some kind of Anglican break off, or else return to Rome as Roman Catholics.
That's pretty much it. US Episcopalians now have until September 30 to think it over. I wonder what the majority will choose.