It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Sign the Pro-Life Petition for US Bishops

From the American Life League (ALL):

AN APPEAL FROM FAITHFUL CATHOLICS TO AMERICA’S BISHOPS

PLEASE PROTECT THE
BODY AND BLOOD OF CHRIST
FROM PRO-ABORTION
‘CATHOLIC’ POLITICIANS

As a faithful Catholic, I respectfully make this appeal to the Catholic bishops of the United States:

WHEREAS the Church teaches that abortion is always an intrinsic evil, and;

WHEREAS the Church teaches that the sacred nature of the Eucharist is worthy of every protection, and;

WHEREAS the reception of the Eucharist by those who publicly support abortion gives scandal to the Catholic faithful and offends Christ;

THEREFORE, we humbly implore each of you to take the actions necessary to eliminate the possibility of such scandal in your dioceses by instructing your priests, deacons and extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion to enforce Canon 915 of the Catholic Church’s Code of Canon Law, which reads:

Those who have been excommunicated or interdicted after the imposition or the declaration of a penalty as well as others who obstinately persist in manifest grave sin are not to be admitted to communion.

I join with all Catholics in praying that the Holy Spirit will inspire you to focus on Canon 915, preach on it, teach it and thereby protect the body and blood of Jesus Christ in Holy Eucharist from sacrilege.

CLICK HERE TO SIGN

SIGNED PETITIONS WILL BE PRESENTED
TO THE BISHOPS AT THEIR MEETING IN JUNE.