It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Vatican: Novus Ordo Liturgy In Crisis

Feb. 23, 2007 (CWNews.com) - In an unusually candid conversation with the monthly Inside the Vatican, the secretary of the Vatican’s Congregation for Divine Worship concedes that liturgical reform after Vatican II “has not been able to achieve the expected goals,” and indicates that Pope Benedict XVI is determined to address the crisis in Catholic liturgy.

In a lengthy interview, Archbishop Albert Malcom Ranjith Patabendige Don told the Inside the Vatican that a revival of the Catholic liturgy is essential to counteract the decline in practice among the faithful, particularly in the Western world....

read full story here

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: Unfortunately, the archbishop is right.  The current state of the Novus Ordo liturgy (the mass of Pope Paul VI) is in a state of total crisis.  Nothing short of an overwhelming, and all encompassing, reform can save it from ruin. Let's all pray that Pope Benedict XVI takes these matters into hand quickly and firmly. In the mean time, I'm switching my personal devotions over to the 1962 Missal, until Rome can straighten out this mess.