It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Monday, April 16, 2007

Pope Prepares To 'Pull The Weeds' From God's Vineyard


THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: Something big is brewing at the Vatican, and rumor has it that Pope Benedict XVI is ready to carve his place in history. 'The humble worker in God's vineyard' is about to do some pruning, and the weeds my soon be plucked. The man who was Ratzinger is back, and as we learn the details of his agenda, we find that he never left us to begin with. He simply prepared his strategy with careful patience.

As rumors come closer to reality, liberals fret and do what they do best -- complain. This excerpt from 'Time Magazine' perfectly illustrates. I must confess, that when I read such frustrated disappointment from liberal rags like this, my day gets just a little bit brighter...
Eighteen months ago, one Rome-based, progressive cleric had said he was "surprised to see that [Benedict] seems to be open to hear new ideas." But today, the same priest is disappointed. There has been no sign of any of the hoped-for reforms: overturning the ban on communion for divorced and remarried Catholics, reconsidering the celibacy requirement for priests, allowing gays in seminaries, or a softening of the condom ban to allow for distribution in AIDS-ravaged Africa. The release last month of the Pope's final document on what had seemed to be a convivial and intellectually open October 2005 bishops' meeting on the Eucharist is a good example of the Pontiff's approach. According to a senior Church official who participated: "He took all that debate of the Synod, and then gave us a document that simply defends the status quo." This same official acknowledges a bit of past excessive optimism on Benedict: "People were hoping that with his intellectual acumen and understanding of theology, he'd be in a position to make some of these changes. Unfortunately, at this point, I don't think we'll see any of them."

source