It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Friday, April 13, 2007

US Senate Votes for Human Guinea Pigs

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: There is no doubt in what direction this (Democratic controlled) Congress would take us. I wonder what's next on their agenda of death?

WASHINGTON DC, Apr 12, 2007 (CNA) .- An official with the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) along with numerous pro-life groups have reacted to yesterday evening's vote by the U.S. Senate to approve legislation (S. 5) promoting the destruction of human embryos for federally funded stem cell research.

The Senate voted for the bill 63 to 34. At the same time, S. 30, a bill to promote alternative ways to pursue stem cell research without harming human embryos, was also approved, 70 to 28...

read full story here