It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Catholics Against Giuliani

ROME, May 9, 2007 (LifeSiteNews.com) - A reporter aboard the Alitalia plane chartered to transport the Pope to Brazil Wednesday asked Pope Benedict XVI if he supported the Mexican bishops in their warning to politicians who supported legalizing abortion that they would face excommunication. The Pope responded saying, "Yes, this excommunication was not an arbitrary one but is allowed by Canon law which says that the killing of an innocent child is incompatible with receiving communion, which is receiving the body of Christ."...

read full story here

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: Personally, I like the way Pope John Paul II put it: "there is no room in the church for those who would harm children." The context was a little different, but I think the quote is very appropriate for this setting. Taking all this into consideration, let us look at the candidates for President in the 2008 election. On the Democrat side, there is not a single one who supports the right to life for children in the womb. Not even those claiming to be "Catholic" support the unborn child's right to life. So that eliminates that side of the race. Now on to the Republicans. There is a great deal of debate on the sincerity of those who claim to be Pro-Life, but among those who are running, one stands out as particularly problematic. His name is Rudolph Giuliani, former mayor of New York City, and Catholic Republican who squarely stands against the pope and the Church on the topic of abortion. I don't know about you, but I'm about ready to start a "Catholics Against Giuliani" campaign...
Former New York mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani yesterday sought to quell a growing controversy over abortion that has disrupted his presidential campaign. Restating his support for abortion rights, he asked Republican voters to look beyond that issue to the totality of his platform and record.

Giuliani called abortion "morally wrong" but said he nonetheless favors a woman's right to choose. "I am open to seeking ways of limiting abortions, and I am open to decreasing abortions," he told an audience at Houston Baptist University. "But I believe you have to respect their [women's] viewpoint and give them a level of choice. I would grant women the right to make that choice."

read full story here