It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

High Demand For Tridentine Mass Reported

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: In spite of USA Today's recent report that there is virtually no interest in the Classical Latin (Tridentine) Mass, Shawn Tribe over at the 'New Liturgical Movement' reports an entirely different story...
(NLM): Some problems are good problems. I saw a statement by Fr. Calvin Goodwin of the FSSP who is coordinating training in the classical Roman liturgy with Una Voce, who spoke back in March about the popularity of that initiative:

"It appears that we may have slightly underestimated the degree of interest that there would be in this project of training priests in the traditional Mass... Enquiries and reservations have been coming our way fast and furious, to the degree that something like half the places available (for our crash course class in June) have been claimed - just in the last three days. They're coming from all over: Denver, Arlington, NYC, Tennessee, New Jersey, etc." (March 2007)

I asked Father for an update on that initiative:

"The programme was almost sold out within days of the initial announcements and we have a waiting list for another week sometime later this year..."

Encouraging and beautiful news, particularly when you consider there hasn't been a major media push about this.

read full story here