It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Poland Defies EU - Sides With Growing Backlash Against Liberalism

Poland defies the European Union as 3,300 Strong World Congress of Families Closes

WARSAW, May 14, 2007 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Poland, the host country of the World Congress of Families IV held in Warsaw May 11-13, 2007, threw down the gauntlet in a frontal challenge to the European Union during the pro-family congress which attracted some 3,300 delegates from all over the world.

Poland's Minister of Education and Vice Prime Minister of Poland, Roman Giertych and the Speaker of Parliament (Sejm) of the Republic of Poland, Marek Jurek, proclaimed during the congress that Poland has no intention of agreeing to the demands of the European Union (EU) that it follow the regulations established in Brussels and the European Parliament to provide abortion, homosexual rights, same-sex marriage and other attacks on the traditional family demanded by the EU...

read full story here