It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Better FRED Than Dead

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: How's that for a campaign slogan!?!

In all seriousness, this man is probably the GOP's last hope for the 2008 election. Granted, we don't know everything about him yet, but 'The Catholic Knight' has already looked into his voting record and found him to be pretty solid - so far. Only time will tell, and we'll see how he pans out in the months ahead. For the Republican Party, it really is "better Fred than dead," because if they don't put up a solid conservative against Hillary, (and she will be the Democratic nominee), their goose is cooked.

'The Catholic Knight' has already endorsed Senator Sam Brownback for President, but since the poor guy just can't get any traction in the polls, I'm thinking it's time for him to pull out and throw his backing behind Fred Thompson. The same goes for Tancredo and Huckabee, who just can't seem to get off the launching pad. If the GOP nominates Giuliani, McCain or Romney, it's over for them before it even begins. Hillary will be our next president.

So if you're a Republican, it really is "better Fred than dead."