It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Tridentine Motu Proprio Update - Increased Chatter

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: Though no rumors about the release date have circulated this time, it would appear the chatter surrounding the pope's much anticipated Tridentine Motu Proprio has increased significantly...

See these blogs...
The New Liturgical Movement - here and here
Rorate Caeli
Universal Indult Blog

See these news sources...
Times Online
Catholic World News
News Day
USA Today
Washington Times

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: It would appear we may be reaching a critical mass - though the Pope is known to be deaf to media hype, and he'll do whatever he pleases, whenever he pleases, regardless of our baited anticipation. Whatever the case, the issue is finally resonating out there. Readers of 'The Catholic Knight' blog have been well informed of the impending document for well over a year now, and it looks like the mainstream dinosaur media is finally starting to catch up with us. Nice of them to join in.

A reader (James Layne of Santa Paula, California) very astutely pointed out to me that this motu proprio will be the "most significant liturgical ruling from Rome in forty years." I think I agree with him.