It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Happy Days Are Here Again!



THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: Everyone expected an earthquake with the Pope's motu proprio liberalizing use of the Tridentine mass. Instead what we got was a quiet tectonic shift. The shakedown never came, but what happened was a realignment (if you will), that has set the Church on a whole new course. Once moving away from her historic tradition, the Church now finds herself embracing it once again. The days of widespread liturgical abuse are not yet over, but they will soon come to an end, just assuredly as I write this post. Traditionalists can rejoice! They've been vindicated. Local traditionalists may not feel the change yet, but the change is coming, and it is one that will only grow with each passing year from now on. Once shunned and ostracized, local Traditionalists will soon find themselves in the role of teacher, as local priests will be seeking to learn Latin, the old liturgy, and the customs of pre-conciliar Catholicism.