It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Surprising Number of Priests Are Learning The Latin Mass

(New Liturgical Movement): In the days and weeks following the promulgation of Summorum Pontificum, there have been many reports, some public and some private, of priests setting out to learn how to say the Mass from the Missal of 1962. Some of these reports were rather surprising in some respects, at least to me. The goal of learning the old Missal was being adopted by priests who otherwise evidenced little previous interest in the old Indult, or, perhaps, they had been interested all along but held some fear of taking on the associated political risks of drawing the attention of chanceries on the lookout for signs of “reactionary” impulses.

This is one of the many reasons that Benedict XVI’s document is so wise. It leaves the choice to learn the old Missal to the priests themselves, even while not taking the authority from the Bishop to regulate the liturgy within his own diocese. It merely shifts the burden of the first-round of decision making from the Bishop to the priest, and this has made all the difference...

read full story here