It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Anglicanism Now Saturated With Homosexuals

(CNA).- The Church of England would be close to shutting down if it wasn't for its gay clergy, said the Anglican Communion's first openly gay bishop in an interview with The Times of London.

Bishop Gene Robinson of New Hampshire, who lives with his partner, said he finds it "mystifying" that the Church of England is unable to be honest about the number of gay clergy in its ranks.

"If all the gay people stayed away from church on a given Sunday, the Church of England would be close to shut-down between its organists, its clergy, its wardens it just seems less than humble not to admit that," he was quoted as saying.

He said many clergy live with gay partners, with the full knowledge of their bishops. But their bishops warn against their relationships becoming public....

read full story here