It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Brave Aussie Bishop Stands Up To Pink Mafia

(ABC News) - The Catholic Archbishop of Sydney, Cardinal George Pell, has argued in favour of maintaining discrimination against gay couples, saying it is wrong to equate the position with any sort of racial discrimination.

Cardinal Pell's argument has the backing of a large Christian lobby group, which is flexing its muscle as the election draws nearer.

After being accused of contempt of the New South Wales Parliament this year, Cardinal Pell knows all too well the perils of preaching to politicians.

But last night in Sydney, launching his own book about religion and politics, he attacked those who say the church should not get political...

read full story here