The following Pro-Life and Pro-Family leaders endorse Governor Mike Huckabee for President of the United States....
Don Wildmon, Founder of the American Family AssociationFrom the Mike Huckabee website....
Stephen Strang, Founder of Charisma Magazine
Rick Scarborough, President and founder of Vision America
Jerry Cox, President of Arkansas Family Council
Janet Folger, President of Faith2Action
Jim Pfaff, President and CEO of Colorado Family Action
Mathew Staver, Founder and chairman of Liberty Counsel
Kelly Shackelford, President of Free Market Foundation
Phil Burress, President of Citizens for Community Values
- I support and have always supported passage of a constitutional amendment to protect the right to life. My convictions regarding the sanctity of life have always been clear and consistent, without equivocation or wavering. I believe that Roe v. Wade should be over-turned.
- I applaud the Supreme Court's recent decision in Gonzales v. Carhart forbidding the gruesome practice of partial birth abortion. While I am optimistic that we are turning the tide in favor of life, we still have many battles ahead of us to protect those who cannot protect themselves, and so it is vital that we elect a pro-life President.
- I first became politically active because of abortion, when I helped pass Arkansas' Unborn Child Amendment, which requires the state to do whatever it legally can to protect life.
- As Governor, I did all I could to protect life. The many pro-life laws I got through my Democrat legislature are the accomplishments that give me the most pride and personal satisfaction. To me, life doesn't begin at conception and end at birth. Every child deserves a quality education, first-rate health care, decent housing in a safe neighborhood, and clean air and drinking water. Every child deserves the opportunity to discover and use his God-given gifts and talents.
- I am opposed to research on embryonic stem cells.