It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Setting the Record Straight - German Catholics Opposed Hitler

(Catholic Church Conservation) - An article in German detailing the story of two towns. One was the pride of Adolf Hitler. The other was Catholic.

All this supports in a specific case, the evidence that Catholics were the fiercest anti-Nazis in Germany.

Towns which were immediate neighbors in the Palatinate, but still in separate worlds: the Protestant Darstein all voted in 1930 for Hitler. But the Catholic Hauenstein had itself in March 1933, the lowest number NSDAP voters.

Darstein was by 1933 itself an Honorary member of the Nazi party, because the town was the first to vote 100 percent for the party. It was even reported in the "Hamburger Illustrated News."...

read full story here