It's official. The Catholic Knight is retired.  I'm hanging up the helmet and passing the torch. There will be no more articles, no more commentaries, no more calls to action. THIS BLOG IS CLOSED. I've spent a very long time thinking about this, I believe the time has come, and is a bit overdue.  I want to thank my readers for everything, but most especially for your encouragement and your willingness to go out there and fight the good fight. So, that being the case, I've spend the last several weeks looking for bloggers who are fairly active, and best represent something akin to the way I think and what I believe.  I recommend the following blogs for my readers to bookmark and check on regularly. Pick one as your favourite, or pick them all. They are all great..... In His Majesty's Service, THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Traitor

THE CATHOLIC KNIGHT: Evangelical televangelist, Pat Robertson, a former presidential candidate who went on to found the Christian Coalition, has betrayed the very people he claims to represent. The betrayal came in the form of an endorsement of Rudy Giuliani, a liberal Republican who supports legalized abortion and gay-marriage. Robertson is not alone. Other mainstream Christian "leaders" have come out in support of the "Pro-Choice" presidential candidate.

To the esteemed televangelist Pat Robertson, The Catholic Knight says shame on you sir! You claim to represent people with values and principles, and then you sacrifice all of those values and principles by endorsing this man for president. Rudy Giuliani is a traitor to the Roman Catholic faith. He's a heretic, by the very definition of the word, every time he says "I'm personally against abortion but..." He can't even lawfully receive communion in the Roman Catholic Church. What are these so-called Christian "leaders" thinking by endorsing this man?

I find it amazing that some Evangelicals, who claim to be 'Bible Believers,' will support a Catholic politician whom no good Catholic would ever vote for...
(AP) - Televangelist Pat Robertson, founder of the Christian Coalition, endorsed Republican presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani on Wednesday.

"It is my pleasure to announce my support for America's Mayor, Rudy Giuliani, a proven leader who is not afraid of what lies ahead and who will cast a hopeful vision for all Americans," Robertson said during a news conference with Giuliani in Washington.

The former New York mayor backs abortion rights and gay rights, positions that put him in conflict with conservative GOP orthodoxy, and has been trying to persuade evangelical conservatives like Robertson to overlook their differences on those issues...

read full story here